When showing a home for sale, it is very important to make the small rooms feel larger. There are several things that you can do to change the perception of the space in a home to make it seem larger.
Melissa Dittmann Tracey, REALTOR® Magazine posted an article with several nice tips to open up smaller spaces. These include:
1. Remove furniture – keep the furniture basics
2. Declutter – one of the most impactful in regard to the perception of a room's size.
3. Find secret storage spots.
4. Lighten the color – lighter tones on the wall can open it up.
5. Let the light flow in – it can make the space look bigger.
6. Hang some mirrors. Mirrors can reflect light and give the illusion of depth to a room.
7. Opt for plain fabrics.
8. Make smart furniture choices.
If you are thinking about selling a home in St. Charles or St. Louis Counties, working with a Real Estate expert than knows the St. Charles and St. Louis County market can really help you. Sandra Meranda specializes in the St. Charles and St. Louis county home markets. Contact me for help with finding or selling your home.